Apprenticeships can be a complicated area. One of our CIPD advisers can provide you with the support you need to make sure you understand how to make the most of the apprenticeship levy. We will work with you to tailor a flexible programme so funds are being used to meet your business needs.
Your HR Support apprentice will typically complete the programme in 18 months and achieve a CIPD Level 3 Certificate in Human Resource Practice. Depending on your business needs their programme will be tailored to incorporate:
1. Becoming an effective HR Practitioner
2. Understanding the role of HR within your organisation
3. Record, analyse and use HR information
4. Recruitment and resourcing talent
5. Supporting employment relations and employment law
6. Best practice in performance and reward management
7. Supporting change within your organisation
8. Developing people through coaching and mentoring
Your HR Consultant apprentice will generally study over approximately 18 months and achieve a CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management. Depending on your business priorities the apprenticeship can be tailored to include:
1. Developing as a HR Manager
2. Exploring business issues within the contexts of HR
3. Using and analysing information in HR
4. Managing and coordinating the HR Function of your organisation
5. Sustainable resource and talent planning
6. Coordinating reward management
7. Implementing coaching and mentoring within an organisation
8. Enhancing employee engagement
9. Understanding employment law
To achieve the CIPD Certificate in Human Resources you will have to complete six written assignments. At Level 3 there will also be practical elements of the assessments. For example, running interviews or coaching sessions.
You will develop one of the written assignments into a longer work based project. You will then take part in a professional discussion to demonstrate that you have met the learning objectives for the programme. This is called the End Point Assessment (EPA).
For organisations with a wage bill of over £3 million a year, you will pay into the apprenticeship levy.
To make the most of this investment apprenticeships can work to:
If your company doesn’t pay into the apprenticeship levy, the government will still fund 95% of the cost of the apprenticeship.
Acacia Learning Ltd
26 Havelock Walk
Tel: +44 (0) 208 239 1323