Acacia Learning Podcasts: Listen to industry experts discuss topical HR and L&D issues, advice and trends.
Many people are finding themselves on the job market and considering their options of switching career or upskilling themselves. In this podcast episode we were joined by a panel of experts Natalie Armitage, Julie Cook, Acacia Director and Marco Van Dyk, CIPD tutor who discuss the perks of a HR career, CIPD qualifications and transferable skills for anyone considering a change of career.
Our panel discuss the following on this podcast:
- Why HR could be a good career and how it is a diverse and broad discipline that straddles so many industry sectors.
- Why the CIPD is such a marketable degree and how it rapidly enhances your career prospects.
- HR career paths and the scope for lateral movements and progression.
- Transferable skills and behaviors in relation to the CIPD Profession map for example, people with business acumen or those in operational customer service roles.
- The difference between HR and other career paths for example, there are not many roles where being compassionate and having empathy and a desire to help people to develop, grow and thrive are such big skills.
- Merits of networking and how people can tangibly secure job opportunities and share advice through building their professional network.
If you have future topics you’d like us to cover or would like to get involved, please get in touch or leave us a voice message here: https://anchor.fm/acacialearning/message